Rhubarb Lime Rickey Cocktail
For the perfect spring and summer cocktail, learn how to make a rhubarb rickey! Lime juice, a rhubarb simple syrup, and mint combine to make this tasty drink.
Servings 1 cocktail
- 3 oz rhubarb simple syrup, using the mint variation in the recipe
- 2 oz white rum
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 3 oz soda water
Add the syrup, rum, and lime juice to a shaker with ice. Shake until well chilled.
Fill a tall glass with ice. Pour in the chilled drink then top off the glass with soda water.
Give it all stir and enjoy.
- Rhubarb syrup: The syrup is a separate recipe and is best made ahead of time so it can cool off.
- Mint variation: For this cocktail, add the mint in the original syrup recipe and let it steep in the syrup as directed in the note on variations.
- Gin: I chose rum for the drink and enjoy the flavor with the fruit. Gin is a traditional choice for a rickey and would also be great in this cocktail.
- Non-alcoholic drink: Omit the rum and add a little more soda water (and possibly extra rhubarb syrup if it needs a bit more sweetening) for a kid-friendly drink.