Spicy Green Goddess Buttermilk Dressing
Jalapenos and scallions give this versatile green goddess buttermilk dressing a little kick and buttermilk gives it a great tang. Use it as a dressing for salads, a sauce for seafood and chicken, or as a dip!
Servings 1 cup
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 scallions, roughly chopped
- 1 small jalapeno, chopped
- 1/2 cup packed parsley leaves
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 anchovy fillet
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
Add all ingredients to a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Taste and add more salt and pepper as needed. If you are not sure how spicy you want the dressing, add half of the jalapeno to start and more if it's not spicy enough.
You can use the dressing right away but for best flavor let it sit for 1-2 hours. The dressing keeps 4-5 days in the refrigerator.
- I find that mincing the garlic is important so that you don't get a big bite of unpureed garlic as you are eating.
- You can use a fresh jalapeno or used sliced, pickled jalapenos. I usually have pickled jalapenos on hand, so if I'm making this dressing from pantry ingredients, I used pickled. Also, I switch between anchovy fillets and anchovy paste, depending on what I have.
- Feel free to add a little more or less mayo or buttermilk to get the dressing to the thickness you want. A little more mayo is good if you want to use this as a dip.