My Perfect Pina Colada Recipe
My pina colada has plenty of pineapple flavor, lots of smooth coconut, and not too much sugar. Perfect for sipping on a warm day! Serve it over ice and think about summer.
Servings 4 servings
- 2 8 oz cans pineapple chunks in juice
- 3 oz cream of coconut, preferably Coco Lopez
- 3 oz coconut cream, unsweetened
- 6 oz rum
- ice to fill the glasses
- pineapple slices and maraschino cherries for garnish, optional
Puree the pineapple chunks until smooth. Pour the pureed pineapple through a fine, mesh strainer to remove the pulp. You will have about 12 oz of juice left.
Add the strained juice, cream of coconut, coconut cream, and rum to the blender and puree until smooth.
Divide ice among 4 glasses and then pour in the pina colada. Garnish with pineapple slices, maraschino cherries, and little umbrellas if you wish.
- Brands I Use: I prefer the Coco Lopez brand of cream of coconut, and the Thai Kitchen brand of coconut cream.
- Alcohol Free Version: To make a virgin Pina Colada, use coconut water in place of the rum.