Italian Salsa Verde
Italian salsa verde is a fresh and easy homemade green sauce made from parsley and basil. It's great on everything from pasta to seafood and chicken to steak!
- 2 cups packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp capers
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 1 scallions, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
Add all ingredients to the bowl of a food processor.
Pulse until the sauce is as smooth as you like it.
Taste and adjust the salt and pepper as needed.
- Storage: The sauce can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days or in the freezer well sealed for up to 2 months.
- Blender: You can also make it in a blender. If you use a blender the sauce will be more finely chopped and emulsified. Also, you may need a little more olive oil depending on the shape of your blender container.