Fresh Raspberry Orange Margarita
For an easy summer cocktail, try a raspberry orange margarita! Limes, orange juice, raspberry syrup, and triple sec on the rocks. Great for Cinco de Mayo, as for Valentine's, or as an anytime drink!
Servings 2 drinks
- 1 oz raspberry syrup
- 1 lime
- 1 medium orange
- 3 oz tequila
- 1/2 oz orange liqueur, such as Triple Sec or Grand Marnier
- coarse sugar to rim the glasses
- 6 oz raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup granulated sugar
Mix together the raspberry syrup, juice of the lime, and juice of orange in a cocktail shaker.
Add the tequila, orange liqueur, and ice. Shake well.
Pour coarse sugar onto a plate. Rub the rims of the glasses with one of the squeezed lime halves. Coat the rim of the glasses in the sugar.
Fill each glass with ice, then pour the drink equally between the glasses.
Gently heat the raspberries in a saucepan until they begin to break down. Add the sugar and continue heating until the sugar has fully melted and the raspberries have broken down into syrup.
Strain the syrup. Use immediately or refrigerate for up to one week.
- Raspberry Syrup: If you like a sweeter drink, add more syrup. However, if you know you like a very tart margarita, back off on the sugar when making the syrup. That way you can add raspberry flavor without oversweetening.
- Tequila: Use a 100% agave blanco (white) tequila.