Lemon Ricotta Pasta with Fresh Herbs
For a quick weeknight meal try my creamy lemon ricotta pasta! This simple cheese sauce mixed with fresh basil and mint will have dinner on the table in minutes.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced or shredded
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 12 oz fettuccine, or other pasta
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
In a large bowl whisk together the olive oil, ricotta, garlic, and red pepper flakes together.
Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until done. Scoop out ~1 cup of the water and drain the pasta.
Add the pasta and water to the bowl with the ricotta. Toss together.
Sprinkle fresh herbs over and mix in. Serve.
- Pasta: I like fettuccine in this recipe, but any variety you have on hand will be great.
- Ricotta: For the creamiest sauce buy one without any gums or stabilizers. (Note that the dish will tasty either way!)