Corn, Tomato, and Farro Salad
For a fresh and healthy summer side, you'll love this cold farro, corn and tomato salad! It's simple to make, full of whole grains, and perfect for picnics and bbqs.
- 1 cup pearled farro
- 3 ears corn
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1/4 cup fresh sliced basil
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add farro and cook until tender but still chewy, 20-25 minutes. Drain and cool.
Cut the corn from cobs and into a serving bowl.
Add farro, tomatoes, and basil.
Mix together dressing. Pour over salad and mix to combine. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
- Make Ahead: If making ahead, keep salad in the refrigerator for up to 8 hours, reserving the basil until you are ready to serve. (It can turn black if added too soon!)
- Farro: Make sure you use pearled in the recipe. Fully whole grain farro takes much longer to cook and may need to be soaked first for best results.