Raspberry Frozen Yogurt
Learn how to make homemade orange raspberry frozen yogurt. It is tart and sweet and simple to make! You'll love churning up this cold summertime treat anytime you have craving.
- 12 oz frozen raspberries, part or all thawed
- 1 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, whole milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp Grand Marnier, or other orange liqueur, optional
- pinch kosher salt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, or to taste
Add all ingredients to a blender. Puree until smooth.
Pour the puree into a fine mesh strainer and strain out the seeds. (Some seeds are fine.)
Taste and add another tablespoon of lemon juice if needed.
If your puree is a little warm move it to the freezer for 10-15 minutes to fully chill.
Pour the puree into the bowl of your ice cream machine and churn until you reach soft serve consistancy.
Enjoy it right out of the machine or scoop into a freezer container and let chill until hardened, 3-4 hours.
- Raspberries: You can use fresh or frozen here, but frozen is more available year round.
- Chilling Time: If you use part thawed raspberries your puree will be very cold and you can skip the chilling time.
- Toppings: Ideas include chopped chocolate, toasted nuts, and whipped cream.
- Orange Liqueur: This adds flavor and keeps the dessert a little softer in the freezer. Skip if serving to small children or people who need to keep away from alcohol.
- For a Softer Consistency: Switch out some of the sugar for corn syrup (2-3 tablespoons) when you mix up the base.