Vodka Pomegranate Martini
For the perfect holiday drink, try my vodka pomegranate martini cocktail! This easy recipe is well balanced, not too sweet, and simple to make. Great for Christmas, Valentine's Day, or any day you want a little something.
Servings 2 drinks
- 4 oz vodka
- 2 oz pomegranate juice
- 1 oz Grand Marnier, or other orange liqueur
- 1/2 oz lime juice
- sugar, for rimming the glasses
- lime slices or twists of lime peel, for garnish
Add vodka, pomegranate, Grand Marnier, and lime juice to a cocktail shaker.
Add ice and shake until well chilled.
Pour some sugar (red sugar if you have it) onto a plate. Wet the rims of two martini glasses and place them rim down in the sugar. Swirl to coat.
Divide the martini between the two glasses. Garnish with lime slices or a twist of lime peel.
- Sugar: Rimming the glasses with sugar is purely optional but a fun touch. You can usually find colored sugars in the cake/cookie decorating section of the baking aisle.
- Simple Syrup: We found the drink as written to be nicely balanced between sweet and sour. If you prefer a sweeter drink you can add a spoonful or two of simple syrup to the recipe. (Or add a little more juice.)
- Orange Liqueur: Grand Marnier is my preference in the drink. However, it would also be delicious with Cointreau or Triple Sec.
- Gin: For a gin cocktail, switch out the vodka for gin 1:1.