Italian Antipasto Salad with Green Beans
For an easy dinner, serve Italian antipasto salad full of chopped beans and tomatoes, marinated artichoke hearts, salami, fresh mozzarella and all topped with homemade dressing.
Servings 6 servings
- 1 15-oz can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 lb green beans (or green and yellow), cut into 1-2 inch lengths
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 4 oz thick sliced (1/4 inch thick) salami, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup black and green olives, pitted
- 6 oz perlini size fresh mozzarella balls, or a larger mozzarella chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 8 oz marinated artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 small clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp anchovy paste
Place the butter beans in a small bowl. Mix together the vinaigrette ingredients and pour it over the beans. Toss to combine and set the beans aside as you make the rest of the salad.
Set out a large bowl of ice water. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook until just tender, but with a little bite left to them, about 3-4 minutes. Drain the green beans and immediately put them in the ice water to chill.
Fill a large serving bowl with the cooked green beans, tomatoes, salami, onion, mozzarella, artichoke hearts, and basil. Scoop out the butter beans from the dressing and add them. Then pour the dressing over the whole salad and toss.