Pesto Pasta with White Beans
You'll love this simple and fast vegetarian dinner! Pesto is tossed with pasta and white beans and a little pasta water for a creamy sauce and a satisfying meal. Use store-bought pesto for a super quick meal or make your own pesto.
- 12 oz pasta, such as orecchiette
- 1 14-oz can cannellini beans, drained
- 1 cup homemade parsley walnut pesto, or storebought basil pesto
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
Add the pasta and cook for 2 minutes less than the package directions.
Scoop out 1 cup of water then drain the pasta.
Add the drained pasta, 1/2 cup of the water, and cannellini beans to the empty pot and bring to a simmer. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
Take the pasta off the heat and add the pesto, stirring to make a creamy sauce. Add more water if needed. Serve.
- Walnuts: If using store bought pesto, toast and add some walnuts to the dish. 1/2 cup of walnuts toasted at 350F for 5 minutes give the recipe some extra oomph.
- Pesto: You can use frozen pesto in the recipe. Just defrost before tossing it with the pasta.