White Bean and Garlic Scape Dip
Wondering what to do with garlic scapes? Puree them into a quick and creamy, garlicky bean and garlic scape dip! Great as a healthy snack or for a party!
- 1 cup garlic scapes
- 2 15-oz cans white cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- kosher salt and pepper, to taste
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and set out a bowl of ice water. Add the garlic scapes to the pot and boil for 30 seconds. Drain and plunge the scapes into the ice water. Roughly chop most of the scapes and finely chop a few for topping the dip.
Add the garlic scapes, white beans, olive oil, water, and parsley to a food processor (or blender) and process until smooth. Add more water if it's too thick. Taste the dip and add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve topped with some garlic scapes, chopped parsley, and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oi.
- When using garlic scapes, only use the smooth stem part of the scape. Cut them just before they flare out into a bulb and then start to taper down.
- You can find garlic scapes at specialty food markets and farmer's markets.
- If you can't find garlic scapes, use 2-3 cloves of blanched garlic and the green parts of 2 green onions in their place. It will be a spicier dip (with the onions), but still very tasty.