Blushing Meyer Lemon Drop Martini
This blushing meyer lemon drop is a martini with a twist! Vodka is mixed with floral Meyer lemon juice and spiked with a bit of raspberry liqueur to make a great sweet and sour cocktail.
Servings 2 cocktails
- 3 oz vodka
- 2 oz Meyer lemon juice, about 2 lemons
- 1 oz raspberry liqueur, such as Chambord
- 1/2 oz agave syrup, or sugar syrup
- 2 lemon twists
Using a vegetable peeler, peel a strip of lemon zest from around the middle of one of the lemons. Slice two long, thin strips from the peel. Twirl each strip into a twist and set aside.
Measure the vodka, lemon juice, raspberry liqueur, and syrup into a cocktail shaker. Add ice and shake vigorously. Pour the cocktail into two martini glasses. Add a lemon twist to each glass and serve.
- I have tried this recipe with standard lemons and you cannot simply substitute standard lemons for the Meyer lemons since standard lemons are much more acidic.
- To make a sugar syrup, bring equal amounts of granulated sugar and water to a boil and simmer for about 5 minutes to completely dissolve the sugar. Cool and store in the refrigerator in a covered container.