Italian Salsa Verde
Italian salsa verde is a fresh and easy homemade green sauce made from parsley and basil. It's great on everything from pasta to seafood and chicken to steak!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
- 2 cups packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp capers
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 1 scallions, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- Storage: Salsa verde can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days or in the freezer well sealed for up to 2 months.
- Blender: You can also make the sauce in a blender. If you use a blender the sauce will be more finely chopped and emulsified. Also, you may need a little more olive oil depending on the shape of your blender container.