Easy Classic Romesco Sauce
Classic romesco sauce is an easy and quick Spanish recipe made from roasted peppers and almonds. Great with fish, cauliflower, steak, chicken and more. So many different uses!
Servings 1 cup
- 1 7-oz jar roasted red pepper, drained
- 1 slice sandwich bread, lightly toasted
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 tsp sherry vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 1/4 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Almonds: Toast the slivered almonds for 3 minutes at 350F.
- To mellow the garlic: If you don't like a strong garlic flavor, cook the garlic in boiling water for 30 seconds before adding it to the food processor.
- Jalapenos: If you can't get/don't have fresh jalapenos, you can substitute in slices of pickled jalapenos.