Raspberry Salad with Mixed Greens and Oranges
This sweet and tangy summer raspberry salad with mixed greens, oranges, goat cheese, and almonds is an easy and delicious side. Perfect with grilled meats, roasts, or as a side with soup.
Servings 4 servings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup blanched silvered almonds
- kosher salt
- 2 medium oranges, such as navel, blood oranges, cara cara
- 6-8 cups mixed baby greens
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 4 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4-1/3 cup raspberry salad dressing
Heat the olive oil in a small non-stick pan until shimmery. Add the almonds and fry on medium-low heat, stirring as needed, until the almonds are golden brown. 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a towel lined plate and sprinkle with kosher salt.
Slice the ends off of the each of the oranges, then slice off all the peel until only the orange flesh is left. Then take a paring knife and cut down along each of the membranes, freeing the orange slices.
Fill a serving bowl with mixed greens. Top with onions, raspberries, almonds, and oranges.
Drizzle 2 tablespoons of raspberry dressing over and toss to combine. Then top with goat cheese crumbles and drizzle 2-3 more tablespoons of dressing on the salad. Serve.
- Red Onion: To mellow the bite of the raw onion, soak the slices in cold water for 10-15 minutes.
- Raspberry Dressing: I use my raspberry balsamic vinaigrette in the salad. It only takes a few minutes to make and the flavor is so much better than bottled.