Tender orange pound cake pan fried until it’s crisp and golden, topped with honey poached peaches and a scoop of vanilla ice cream, then drizzled with the spiced poaching syrup. Yum! Does it get better than toasted pound cake topped with sweet fruit? I don’t think so!
Hello, all! Today I have for you the culmination of this week’s recipes!
I don’t usually have so many desserts in a row (balance is important in life!), but I really loved the idea of showing you how to use those other recipes to make something which brought them together.
And, have you ever had toasted pound cake?
Because, it’s amazing. We left healthy eating behind a few days ago, and it’s not showing up here, but you really need to try this.
Just once. Trust me. 🙂
We’ll be back to healthy eating again on Sunday. Probably.
How do you make toasted pound cake with peach topping?
To make toasted pound cake with peach topping, pan fry slices of pound cake in butter until golden brown and crisp. Put the toasted cake into bowls and top with peaches, ice cream, and spiced syrup.
- Heat up butter in a pan and toast the pound cake.
- Put the pound cake in a bowl.
- Add peaches and ice cream.
- Drizzle spiced syrup over the top.
First, you need some pound cake. You can use my totally awesome recipe for Orange Pound Cake, or you can go buy some. Second, you need some poached peaches and I just happen to have a great recipe for Honey Poached Peaches. Imagine that! 😉
Cut 4 slices of pound cake.
Put a large, non-stick pan on the stove and melt some butter in the pan. Let the butter bubble up and, when the bubbles subside, add the pound cake.
Cook the pound cake until it is golden brown on the first side, then turn it and get it golden on the second. Cut each slice in half and put them in four bowls.
Add ice cream and sliced peaches to each bowl.
Lastly, to bring it all together, drizzle over the spiced syrup you made from poaching those peaches.
What are some other ideas for Topping Toasted Pound Cake?
Some other ideas for topping toasted pound cake include:
- Rhubarb Orange Compote
- Cinnamon Spiced Blood Orange Compote
- Fresh Strawberry Sauce with Black Pepper
Any of these would be awesome with toasted pound cake and a scoop of your favorite ice cream!
Can you Grill Pound Cake?
You certainly can!
To grill the pound cake, brush both sides of each slice cake with melted butter. Place the prepared slices on a moderately hot grill and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until the cake is toasted and has some nice grill marks.
Once the cake is grilled, you can proceed with my recipe.
If you try my recipe for Toasted Pound Cake with Peach Topping, I would love to hear from you in the comments with your experience and rating! And I’m happy to answer any questions you might have.
– Happy Eating, Annemarie
Toasted Pound Cake with Peach Topping
- 4 slices pound cake
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 poached peaches
- 1/2 cup poaching syrup
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Heat butter in large nonstick pan over medium heat until it bubbles up. Once the bubbles slow down, add the slices of pound cake.
- Brown the pound cake on both sides, flipping once. With a hot pan, this will take 30 seconds - 1 minute.
- Cut each slice toasted pound cake in half and set out the cut slices into four bowls.
- Take your poached peaches and cut them into slices. Distribute the slices to the bowls over the pound cake.
- Add a scoop of ice cream to each bowl. Drizzle over some of the reduced poaching syrup.
- Ice Cream: I used vanilla bean ice cream. Other great ice cream choices would be ginger, salted caramel, honey or peach.
- Recipes: I created this recipe to highlight my Orange Pound Cake and my Honey Poached Peaches.
- Shortcut: While I would recommend using freshly poached fruit, you can switch to a purchased pound cake.
BitofBacon HQ Pet Corner
Here is Starbuck trying to help me take photos of apple pie. 🙂
Sorry, Starbuck, I don’t need any help!