Fizzy, sweet, and refreshing! My strawberry mojito is filled with essence of summer, perfect for sipping with a straw on a sultry evening. Grab some strawberries and pick a few sprigs of mint, because it’s time to make cocktails.
Summer is here BIG TIME and that means I’ve been enjoying All The Fruit. Especially berries because there is nothing like fresh berries. I miss them so much in the winter.
And that brings to me to this recipe, which we made and enjoyed just last week, and then I scribbled it down because I knew I had to share with you all as soon as possible. A few photos and a couple more tasty mojitos later and here we are.
Shall we get to it? 🙂
What do you need?
- Strawberries – The ripest you can find!
- Mint – A few sprigs plus some tops for garnish. Chocolate mint is fun if you have some.
- Lime – One ounce, which is about a lime.
- Syrup – I like agave, but simple syrup is great too.
- Rum – I used a gold rum. I think gold or white make the best mixers for mojitos.
How to make this
To make strawberry mojitos, press the fruit through a sieve to collect the juice. Then shake it with the rest of the ingredients and ice. Strain into glasses and top with soda water.
This is a quick and easy recipe, so I’ll give you the bullet points here.
If you try my recipe for Strawberry Mojito, I would love to hear from you in the comments with your experience and rating! And I’m happy to answer any questions you might have.
– Stay Safe, Annemarie
Strawberry Mojito Cocktail
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- 8-10 mint leaves
- 1 oz agave syrup, or simple syrup
- 1 oz lime juice
- 3 oz rum
- 4 oz soda water
- optional garnishes: lime slice, small strawberry, sprig of mint
- Mash up strawberries and pass them through a sieve into a bowl, pressing down to get as much juice as possible.
- Combine strawberry juice and mint leaves in a shaker. Gently muddle the mint, giving one or two twists with a smooth ended muddler.
- Add the agave, lime juice, and rum to the shaker alone with ice. Shake well.
- Pour into two tall ice filled glasses and top up with soda water. Add a straw and garnish as desired.
- Rum: I would recommend either white or gold.
- Strawberries: You can use frozen. Let thaw and work thru the sieve as directed.
- Make Ahead: Make the base up to several hours ahead. Pour into glasses and add the soda water when serving.