Plump, juicy shrimp. Crispy potatoes and prosciutto. Beautiful, fresh asparagus. 30 minutes and only one sheet pan to wash! I love this recipe for roasted shrimp and asparagus! Sheet pan dinners are a great way to simplify dinner time without sacrificing flavor, which is something we could all use.
Last week, when I shared my roundup post of Easy One Pot Meals, I had intended to make it a themed week of quick meals with my Mediterranean Chicken with Olives and this sheet pan dinner of shrimp and asparagus. So I took my pictures and then packed up and went off on vacation all organized with my computer and each set of photos for the posts. And…nope. Once I started looking at them I realized I wasn’t happy!
So, I posted my awesome Strawberry Caipirinha Cocktail instead. 🙂 Just in time for Cinco de Mayo since I think it’ll be a great drink for those celebrations as well as a great drink all summer long.
Then I got home from vacation and went back into my kitchen and made this recipe again. Took my pictures again. And this time it was a win! Which is awesome, not only because I didn’t want to have to take all the photos a third time (eeek!), but also because I get to share this easy, one sheet pan, and tasty dinner with all of you!
I think shrimp is perfect for sheet pan dinners and I posted my Roast Shrimp and Broccoli last year, which is another favorite. Quick, tasty, easy, and little cleanup! All good for busy days.
This time around I thought I would use some of the beautiful, fresh asparagus we have out right now, add in some roasted potatoes to make it a complete meal, then toss everything with some spices and finish it off with chopped rosemary. Once I came up with the idea, I popped over the store so we could try it out. With these ingredients, I already knew it was going to be good, but I needed to check the timing and make sure we liked the spicing.
With thumbs up all around, I went to make it a second time. Only this time I had some Spicy Buttermilk Green Goddess Dressing in the house. I didn’t even know the recipe needed the dressing until I tried it. YUM! Another favorite of ours with similar recipes is my Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing. Either one will take your shrimp and asparagus dinner to new level.
As with any recipe, look at your ingredients to help with the timing. Fat asparagus, like these, are great with a longer roasting time. They ended up roasting for 12 minutes since I had extra large shrimp (which needed the 7 minutes). If you have thin asparagus, they may only need 7-8 minutes in the oven. Which means that I would add the asparagus and shrimp together with an extra large shrimp and thin asparagus combo.
And totally make the green goddess dressing! It’s amazing with the shrimp. 🙂
– Happy Roasting, Annemarie
Roasted Shrimp, Asparagus, and Potatoes - Sheet Pan Dinner
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 lb yellow potatoes, cut into 1 1/2 inch dice
- 2 oz prosciutto
- 1 bunch fat asparagus, ends broken off
- 1 1/2 lb extra large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425F. Put the baking sheet in the oven as it heats, so that the baking sheet gets hot.
- Mix together the olive oil, paprika, smoked paprika, cayenne, and salt.
- In a large bowl toss the potatoes and prosciutto with 2 tbsp of the olive oil. Spread them out on the hot baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes.
- Add the asparagus to the large bowl and toss it with the oil left from the potatoes. Turn the potatoes on the baking sheet and move them to one side. Arrange the asparagus on the other side of the baking sheet. Roast for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil to the large bowl and toss the shrimp with the oil. Push the potatoes on the sheet so that they are over to the side with the asparagus in the middle. Add the shrimp to the other side. Sprinkle the rosemary over the potatoes and shrimp. Roast for 7 minutes. (For large shrimp, roast for 5 minutes.)
- Serve with Spicy Buttermilk Green Goddess Dressing.