Today, I have for you a super simple and super tasty bubbly cocktail! Because sometimes you just want something a little fun to drink and you want it now. All you need are three ingredients (plus a couple of optional extras) and a few minutes and you could be sipping a pomegranate prosecco cocktail!
I love having a glass of sparkling wine or a sparkling cocktail over the holidays. Usually prosecco, but I do love a nice Cava too! I think most people can agree that there is just something about bubbly which makes any celebration a little bit more special! Even the kids love something a little sparkly, so I usually make them a little ginger ale mocktail for them to enjoy.
Last year I shared my quick and easy Raspberry Mint Prosecco Cocktail and this year I was inspired by pomegranates to make a pomegranate prosecco cocktail. Yes, I do have a bit of theme going with the red and sparkling and I couldn’t even resist adding some raspberries to the mix.
What can I say?
Red, sparkly drinks which are also super quick and easy seem to be my thing during the holiday season. They just feel appropriate! 🙂 Between the celebratory bubbly and the beautiful, red color you can’t go wrong.
As with any wine cocktail, use a moderately priced prosecco. This is not the time to pull out that expensive Champagne you’ve been saving.
Prosecco is generally moderately priced anyway, along with being really but here I feel no shame in going for a screwtop brand. 🙂
- Point one, a more nuanced, expensive wine will get lost in the flavors of pomegranate and orange.
- Point two, now you can make a cocktail tonight and have another tomorrow.
And how is that not a good plan?
That is totally a good plan! So, relax, make a quick pomegranate prosecco cocktail, and know that you will get through the holidays.
– Happy Sipping, Annemarie
Pomegranate Prosecco Cocktail
- 4 oz prosecco or other sparkling white wine
- 1-2 oz pomegranate juice
- 1/2 oz orange liqueur such as Cointreau
- raspberries or pomegranate seeds
- optional: red sanding sugar
- If you want to give the drink a festive rim, pour some sanding sugar onto a plate. Then, wet the rim of the glass and rub the rim in the sanding sugar until the sugar has coated the rim.
- Pour the prosecco into a white wine or champagne glass. Add the pomegranate and orange liqueur. Give the drink a stir, then drop a few raspberries or pomegranate seeds into the glass.