For a fun twist on the classic, try my Meyer lemon cosmo! This drink has it all – easy, fast, pitcher or cocktail instructions, and delicious. You’ll love the tangy/floral flavor and the pretty pink color. Yum!
This year Valentine’s is going to a quiet evening for a lot of people. We do usually have Valentine’s at home every year and save date night out for another, less busy day. This past year, though, no date nights out! It’s been tough, but we’ll be vaccinated soon and I can’t wait get out again.
But that doesn’t mean you can’t have date night at home this year. Just keep it streamlined with recipes you can make ahead (like the menu I shared in my Feb 5 Things post) or are super simple.
This recipe is super simple and a great idea for a Valentine’s cocktail or for any night you want something a little sweet, a little sour, and in your hands in 5 minutes.
What are Meyer Lemons?
Visit my post on the tasty citrus for all the info, but basically they are a thinner skinned, less sour version of the standard lemon. And they have amazing floral notes in their rinds. I mention that because when you squeeze them you’ll get some of that flavor into the drink, and it’s…amazing!
What do you need?
- Meyer Lemons – Look for ones that are firm and have a yellow-orange color.
- Cranberry Juice – Any basic cranberry juice cocktail.
- Vodka – Use your favorite mixing vodka.
- Orange Liqueur – I like Cointreau here. You can use any variety orange liqueur you have in your liquor cabinet.
How to Make this
To make this lemon cosmo shake Meyer lemon juice with vodka, cranberry, orange liqueur, and ice until well chilled. Pour into glasses and enjoy.
Just a few simple steps!
- Pour in the liquor – vodka and Cointreau.
- Add the cranberry juice.
- Squeeze in the lemon.
- Add ice to the shaker.
- SHAKE! Then strain into martini glasses. Enjoy.
If you try my recipe for a Meyer Lemon Cosmo, I would love to hear from you in the comments with your experience and rating! And I’m happy to answer any questions you might have.
– Stay Safe, Annemarie
Meyer Lemon Cosmo Cocktail
- 3 oz vodka
- 3 oz cranberry juice
- 1/2 oz Meyer lemon juice
- 1/2 oz Cointreau, or orange liqueur of your choice
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake until well chilled. Pour into two martini glasses.
- Garnish with a slice of lemon if desired.
- Lemons: Meyer lemons are a sweeter and milder variety with a floral scent to their rind and often turn light orange when ripe.
- Pitcher Instructions: (For 8 servings) Use 12 oz vodka, 14 oz cranberry juice, 2 1/2 oz Meyer lemon juice, and 2 oz Cointreau. Stir in a pitcher with ice until cold.