Looking for a new cocktail to enjoy as the weather gets warmer? My lemon honey mule is simple and refreshing! Perfect for enjoying on a summer’s day.
Today’s recipe inspiration comes via my husband who thought I really needed to add a new cocktail to the site AND that it should be a variation of a vodka mule.
So I considered some flavors, purchased a few ingredients and we got to testing. Yes, it’s possible he just wanted me to make some cocktails. Can you blame him?
Anyway, it didn’t take long for me to decide on lemon sweetened by honey along with a hint of mint for the base of the drink along with the standard ginger beer and vodka to make it a mule. Enjoy!
What do you need?
- Ginger Beer – See above for info and recommendations.
- Vodka – You’ll need 3 ounces for two drinks. Khor brand Ukrainian vodka is a good one.
- Lemon – A good squeeze.
- Honey – A spoonful of your favorite. I like to use a local brand.
- Mint – A couple of sprigs.
How to make this
It’s very simple to make a lemon honey mule. Mix together the lemon, honey, and vodka then shake with ice and mint. Pour into ice filled glasses and top with ginger beer. Done!
If you try my recipe, I would love to hear from you in the comments with your experience and rating! And I’m happy to answer any questions you might have.
– Stay Safe, Annemarie
Lemon Honey Mule
- 3 oz vodka
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 1 oz honey
- 1 sprig mint, plus more for garnish
- 10-12 oz ginger beer
- In a cocktail shaker mix together the vodka, lemon, and honey until the honey is thoroughly dissolved.
- Add ice and mint. Shake until well chilled.
- Pour into two ice filled glasses. Top with ginger beer.
- Stir to combine then garnish with mint sprigs.
- Ginger Beer: This is a strong ginger ale usually found with mixers or specialty sodas.
- Honey: Make sure the honey is completely dissolved before adding the ice or it will seize up and not mix in properly.