Get ready for fresh vegetables and big Italian flavors in this green bean and tomato salad! Tender green beans, juicy tomatoes, creamy mozzarella, and fragrant basil are tossed with my favorite house balsamic vinaigrette to create a salad which is anything but boring.
As someone who is against boring salads (with a PILE of yummy salad recipes to prove it), I’m always trying out new ideas. So when I come up with one that’s blog worthy, I have to share it with all of you! Because no one should have boring salads.
Of course, exciting doesn’t have to mean complicated. It can, but sometimes simple fresh ingredients are all you need for an exciting recipe. And this green bean salad is both simple AND exciting. Which is a win/win in my book!
How do you make green bean and tomato salad?
To make green bean and tomato salad toss cooked green beans, chopped tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and fresh basil with a honey balsamic vinaigrette until well mixed.
This is a simple recipe which is all about using beautiful, fresh ingredients with great flavor, so it’s just a few steps to make the salad:
- Trim, cut, and cook the green beans.
- Chop the tomatoes and slice the basil.
- Combine the green beans, tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella in a serving bowl.
- Pour the balsamic vinaigrette over and toss to combine.
For the dressing, I highly recommend using my homemade honey balsamic vinaigrette since I was inspired to create the salad from the dressing! And it only takes about 5 minutes to make the dressing which lasts in the fridge for a couple of weeks. Make green salads, marinate up some balsamic chicken, and so on. It’ll go quick!
If you try my recipe for Balsamic Green Bean and Tomato Salad, I would love to hear from you in the comments with your experience and rating! And I’m happy to answer any questions you might have.
– Happy Eating, Annemarie
Italian Green Bean and Tomato Salad with Balsamic Dressing
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed and cut into 2 inch lengths
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella, pearlini size or diced from large size
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- Fill a bowl with cold water and ice.
- Heat a large pot of water to a boil. Add green beans and cook until tender, about 4-5 minutes.
- Drain the beans and transfer them to the bowl of ice water to cool. Drain again and blot dry.
- Add the cooked beans, tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil to a large serving bowl.
- Pour the balsamic vinaigrette over the salad and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
- Balsamic Vinaigrette: I use my easy mason jar honey balsamic vinaigrette in the recipe. You can substitute your own dressing or use a purchased balsamic dressing.
- Make ahead: You can prep and cook the beans and dice the tomatoes and mozzarella a few hours ahead of time. Add the basil and toss with dressing just before serving.