Grilled chicken wings are so easy and so tasty while yogurt marinated chicken is so tender and so juicy that I had to combine the two to make these yogurt marinated chicken wings! And then the Greek yogurt had me thinking about Greek flavors, which meant I had to marinate them with a Greek inspired herb mix and make a roasted red pepper and feta dipping sauce. I think when you try these, you will agree – I had no choice.
Hey, summer is just about over here! But I do love some fall grilling and I keep my grill open for business until the snow gets too thick, so I thought I’d post this yogurt marinated chicken wing recipe anyway. I mean, it’s ready to go, and while I’m not against taking some photos for next year, I thought someone might still love some grilling this year.
That’s assuming you’re not on fire or under feet of water right now. EEEK! Between the various ginormous hurricanes barreling down on us right now and awful fires out west, it’s not been a good few weeks in the US. Everyone stay safe and know that I have you in my thoughts.
While we get our share of Nor’easters here in New England (and the occasional moderately bad hurricane gets lost and visits), I know that I’m lucky living here as far as weather goes.
In fact, I live in a town which frequently misses out on storms coming across the state because they split and go around us. Weird but true! We had some nasty thunderstorms with heavy rains sweep across the state this week. Here though? Not so much. Right near our town the storms broke up and barely touched us while they pounded everyone else in the area.
But enough about weather. Y’all aren’t going to care about that in the years to come when you visit this page. What you want to know about is my yogurt marinated chicken wings!
And I don’t blame you, because they are seriously awesome and simple to make.
I’m not kidding about the simple!
On one hand you have the yogurt marinade, a technique I’ve used many times – like in my Yogurt Marinated Pork Kebabs, and on the other, you have grilled chicken wings, which I perfected last year with my Herb Marinated Chicken Wings.
Yogurt + herbs + chicken + a bag. That’s it! Done. Mix it up in the bag and then wait.
Later that day (or the next day), turn on the grill. Wipe off the excess marinade. And grill them 7 minutes a side. Done!
Add a 5 Minute Feta and Roasted Pepper Dip (so good!!) and you have dinner. Well, at least you have meat. 🙂 I would recommend a salad or some other quick veggie and maybe some bread. Like pita bread! Which you can make yourself if you’re in the mood. At that point you will have complicated things though, so I won’t look at you funny if you buy the pita.
Either way you’re going to have beautiful chicken wings with a great flavor punch from that yogurt marinade and one of my favorite dips to go alongside! Seriously, make the dip. You won’t be sorry.
– Happy Grilling, Annemarie
Grilled Greek Yogurt Marinated Chicken Wings
- 1 cup whole milk plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 medium cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 3 lb chicken wings
- In a large resealable bag or a baking dish big enough for the wings, mix together all the marinade ingredients. Add the wings and toss to coat them well. Marinate for at least 3 hours up to one day.
- Heat your grill. Once the grill is hot, reduce the heat to medium.
- Before grilling wipe off excess marinade, then add the wings, flat side down, and grill covered for 7-8 minutes, or until the wings are browned and marked on that side.
- Turn them and grill for another 7-8 minutes. The wings should be well browned and crispy and the meat fully cooked through when you take them off.