Here is your new favorite summer drink! My frozen mango daiquiri is full of sweet chunks of fruit, lime juice, ice, and rum, making a simple blender cocktail perfect for parties. Top with whipped cream and cute umbrellas if you’re feeling extra festive!
I hope there is time for one more summer cocktail! Because we are just melting in the heat here and I am so excited to share this recipe with you. I know I need to work in fall recipes now, but what I want to do is sip frozen daiquiris and NOT turn on the oven.
I think you can understand. 🙂
I started thinking about this daiquiri a couple of months ago, hoping to do a version of my awesome Strawberry Daiquiri. So, I whipped one up, changing the strawberries to mangoes and we tried it. But you all know it wasn’t that simple! There is always something. Which is why I always test my recipes a few times before I take my photos.
This time the problem was that all fruit/no ice (as I do my other daiquiri), Did Not Work. It was just too much mango, wrong texture. Just wrong. So experimented with amounts of ice and came with a simple ration which works perfectly – half ice/half fruit – and all is good.
What do you need?
- Frozen Mango – To make the drink as cold and thick as possible use fruit chunks of fruit
- Ice – Using ice lightens up the texture and increases the coldness of the cocktail
- Lime Juice/Sweetener – A little sour and a little sweet.
- Rum/Liqueur – I use a white rum but you can switch to a gold or dark rum if you want.
How to make this
To make a frozen mango daiquiri combine rum, orange liqueur, lime juice, simple syrup, frozen mangoes, and ice in a blender. Blend until smooth and enjoy!
I included a few pictures down below, but I think you’ve got this. Just head on down to the recipe for the amounts.
If you try my recipe for Frozen Mango Daiquiri, I would love to hear from you in the comments with your experience and rating! And I’m happy to answer any questions you might have.
– Happy Drinking, Annemarie
Simple Frozen Mango Daiquiri
- 3 oz rum
- 1 oz orange liqueur
- 2 oz lime juice
- 1-2 oz simple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mango chunks
- 1 1/2 cups ice
- Add all the ingredients to a blender. (Liquid first - this helps the blender work smoothly.)
- Puree on high until smooth, stopping to scrape down the blender or stir the mixture as needed.
- Taste and add more simple syrup if it's too tart.
- Serve immediately, garnished with lime and/or strawberries. Top with a little whipped cream for a special treat.
- Simple Syrup: To make simple syrup, combine equal amounts of water and granulated sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and let simmer until the sugar is completely dissolved. Cool and store in the refrigerator for 3-4 weeks.
- Mango: You can dice up and freeze your own ripe fruit or purchase frozen diced mango at the store.
- Ice: You need to use about half ice in this drink. It keeps the texture and the flavor balanced.