You can’t go wrong with a classic cosmopolitan martini if you want a drink which is both simple and delicious! A few ingredients and a few minutes are all you need and then you’ll be kicking back sipping a cold beverage.
I’m gonna admit it – one of my favorite types of recipes to test are cocktail recipes. Tasty, fun to make, and enjoyable to drink. What’s not to love? 🙂
Today I went old school with a classic recipe (and one of my mom’s favorites!) and we’re having cosmos. There is something to be said about a short ingredients list and being able to go from ‘hey I think I’ll make a drink’ to drinking in about 10 minutes.
Also, the sweet/tart balance and the clean flavor of the lime and cranberry. It’s all good!
Perfect to bring along on your next ‘distance cocktails’ neighborhood get together.
What do you need?
- Vodka – Whatever brand you like.
- Cranberry Juice – You can go sugar free here if you want to reduce calories.
- Limes – Fresh lime juice is key!
- Orange Liqueur – Just a little but it brings everything together.
Simple Variations: Use Citron Vodka, switch to a different flavor of cranberry cocktail (how about raspberry?), or use a cranberry liqueur for more punch.
How to make this
To make a cosmopolitan drink, mix together vodka, cranberry juice, lime, and orange liqueur with ice. Strain into a martini glass and enjoy.
It’s very simple!
- Pour cranberry, liqueur, and vodka into a shaker.
- Squeeze a lime into the shaker.
- Add some ice.
- SHAKE. Until very cold!
- Strain into glasses and garnish as desired.
Tip: Fill the glasses with ice water while you are prepping the drink. Pour that out and pour the drinks into the cold glasses.
What to serve with a cosmo
I like this drink before dinner so think appetizers and light finger foods.
Cheese, such as brie or blue cheese, along with crackers is a great combo. Small, fried bites are nice or mini quiches.
Is this a ‘girly’ drink?
*sigh* 🙄 It’s a drink and it’s tasty. And see that hand down there in the photo? That is my husband who happily snagged the cocktail in payment for being my hand model.
The question you should ask yourself is do you like sweet drinks? Cosmos are mid-sweet from the juice and liqueur with balancing sour from the lime. Not super sweet but not dry either.
If you try my recipe for Cosmopolitan Martini, I would love to hear from you in the comments with your experience and rating! And I’m happy to answer any questions you might have.
– Stay Safe, Annemarie
Cosmopolitan Martini Recipe
- 3 oz vodka
- 4 oz cranberry juice
- 1/2 oz lime juice
- 1/2 oz orange liqueur
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker. Shake until cold and blended.
- Pour into two glasses (straining out the ice). Garnish with a slice of lime.
- Orange Liqueur: Options include Grand Marnier, Cointreau, and Triple Sec.
- Chilling: For an extra cold drink, fill the glasses with ice water then pour it out and fill with the cocktail.
- On the Rocks: You can add ice to the drink as well if you wish. Either ice cubes or crushed ice.