Italian Green Bean Salad with Burrata and Crispy Shallots
Creamy burrata, crispy shallots and ripe tomatoes along with fresh green beans give my Italian green bean salad plenty of flavor and balance. Add in a homemade Italian dressing and you'll want to make this salad every week!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 4 servings
Green Bean Salad
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed
- 8 oz burrata cheese
- 1 recipe crispy fried shallots
Homemade Italian Dressing
- 4 tbsp shallot oil (from the fried shallots), or extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
Toss the chopped tomatoes with a sprinkle of kosher salt and set them aside.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook until just tender, about 4-5 minutes. Drain and then immediately plunge them into cold water to stop the cooking. Drain again and blot dry with a cloth.
Make the Italian salad dressing and toss it with the green beans and tomatoes.
Pull out your salad platter and arrange the burrata in the center. Then add the green beans and tomatoes around the burrata. Top with the crispy shallots.
- Crispy fried shallots
- This salad is all about the green beans. Use the best beans you can find. Though feel free to use other types of fresh beans, like yellow beans or the broad Italian green beans.
- You can substitute a fresh mozzarella for the burrata. Cut the mozzarella into 1/2 dice and toss it with the dressing along with the vegetables.