Spanish Garlic Shrimp with Paprika Tapas
Plump and juicy shrimp, soft sliced garlic, and sweet and smoky paprika combine in this classic tapas recipe for Spanish garlic shrimp. Quick and easy! Make sure you have plenty of bread to soak up the flavorful olive oil!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 7 minutes
Total Time 12 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 1 1/4 lb extra large shrimp, thawed, anywhere from 1 lb to 1 1/2 lb is about right
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6-8 medium cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 long red dried chili pepper, such as New Mexico or Guajillo
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Blot the shrimp dry with a cloth then toss it with the kosher salt. Set aside.
Cut the end off of the chili pepper and shake out the seeds. Then break it up into several pieces. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil on medium low until hot. Add the garlic and chili pepper pieces. The oil should begin to gently sizzle around the garlic slices. Cook until the garlic is just starting to turn golden, about 2 minutes.
Raise the heat to medium high. Add the shrimp, paprika, and smoked paprika. Cook, turning frequently until the shrimp is opaque and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Serve with a crusty bread for the oil and sprinkle some parsley over the top.
- I left the tails on the shrimp. Basically, it looks prettier that way. Tails on or off is up to you.
- The shrimp I used were 16-20 count per pound.