No Churn Cannoli Ricotta Ice Cream
No ice cream machine? Try no churn ricotta ice cream! It's spiced with cinnamon and topped with toasted pistachios and chopped chocolate. Cannoli filling in frozen form which you can make in minutes.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 12 servings
- 1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 16 oz whole milk ricotta, preferably without stabilizers
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch kosher salt
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 4 oz pistachios, toasted and finely chopped
In a large bowl, whisk together the condensed milk and ricotta until smooth. Add the heavy cream, vanilla, cinnamon, and a pinch of kosher salt. Using an electric mixer, beat the mixture until thickened and forms soft peaks. Start the mixer on medium for 30 seconds, then increase to high for 5 minutes.
Taste the ice cream and add more salt or cinnamon as needed. Scoop the ice cream into your freezer container and let set for 4-5 hours. At this point it will be easy to scoop out. If you leave the ice cream in the freezer for several hours or longer, you will need to let the ice cream sit out on the counter or in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes to soften again.
To serve, scoop out the ice cream and top with chopped chocolate and toasted pistachios. Enjoy!
- To toast the pistachios, put them in a 350F oven for 3-4 minutes.
- For a different flavor combination, top with Peppered Fresh Strawberry Sauce.
- Don't worry if the cream mixture doesn't seem to want to whip at first! It will. It just needs some time to come to terms with the whole process.
- If the house is cool, I'll put the ice cream out on the counter since it won't be hot enough to melt it too quickly. However, on a warm or hot day, put it in the fridge about 30 minutes before you want to eat some and it'll be nicely softened.