Italian Tomato Burrata Salad (Caprese)
Healthy, simple, and fresh! This summer recipe for tomato burrata salad is drizzled with balsamic and topped with basil for an impressive and easy side.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
- 8 oz burrata, packed in water
- 2-3 large ripe tomatoes
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, sliced thinly
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Place the burrata in the middle of a low bowl.
Cut the tomatoes into thick slices and arrange them around the burrata. Then top with basil.
Drizzle the salad with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Just before serving drizzle over some balsamic. Enjoy the salad on its own or with some crusty bread.
- Balsamic: Use the best balsamic you have. A thicker, aged balsamic will give the salad a complex, sweet-tart flavor.
- Burrata: I find 8-oz burrata in either one large or two medium balls of cheese. If you have two, you can arrange them together with the tomatoes or split the salad into two smaller bowls.
- Mozzarella: You can substitute sliced mozzarella for the burrata, though it won't be a tomato burrata salad anymore.
- Basil: I like a mix of whole basil leaves and sliced basil in the salad.