There is nothing like having your whole meal all done in one pot or one pan! This sheet pan chicken with vegetables and potatoes is a great way to enjoy crispy roasted chicken thighs with tender veggies with the double bonus of getting dinner cooked in 30 minutes AND minimal clean-up.
Now that I’m back from my vacation, I’m ready to share my latest easy dinner recipe with you!
I know I did post my Italian salsa verde from the lanai in Florida, but now it’s time to get back in the swing of things and pick up my regular schedule. My cats definitely agree with that since they have been surrounding me in my office whenever I sit down to work. 🙂 Luckily I have lots of cat beds in here so they don’t spend ALL their time sitting across my arms.
Shall we get to it?
Sheet Pan Chicken with Vegetables
I had a few goals when I started working on this recipe and I’m happy to say I achieved all of them! We’ve really enjoyed testing this recipe AND the simple clean-up after dinner is done.
How do you make sheet pan chicken and vegetables?
To make sheet pan chicken and vegetables, bake the chicken and potatoes for 15 minutes. Then add the remained vegetables and bake for another 15 minutes for tender vegetables and crispy fully cooked chicken.
Give the chicken a rub
Start by rubbing the chicken with a quick spice rub. A little hot from the cayenne, a little smokey from the smoked paprika (this spice is a secret weapon!), and a good sprinkling of salt for flavor.
Prep the potatoes and bake
Then you’re going to dice up the potatoes and toss them with some salt and olive oil. Salt everything! Flavor!
Lay out the chicken on the sheet pan then spread out the potatoes along one side and bake.
And the veggies and bake some more
Now mix up the veggies with some more salt and olive oil. (Same bowl! This is an easy clean-up meal.) Add them to the sheet pan and bake some more.
I find the Brussels sprouts need about 15 minutes, maybe a little less if they’re small, so I put them and the carrots in half way through the 30 minute bake time.
At the end the chicken skin should be crispy, the chicken well cooked, and the potatoes and veggies a little caramelized while also well flavored from the chicken fat.
Sauces for Sheet Pan Chicken and Veggies
Sheet pan chicken is a simple and tasty meal, but I think it’s even better with a sauce! You can make your own or use a favorite store bought sauce. If you want to make a sauce, I have a few suggestions.
If you try my recipe for Sheet Pan Chicken with Vegetables and Potatoes, I would love to hear from you in the comments with your experience and rating! And I’m happy to answer any questions you might have.
– Happy Cooking, Annemarie
Sheet Pan Chicken with Vegetables and Potatoes
Chicken and Spice Rub
- 4 chicken thighs, bone in and skin on
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 medium yellow potatoes, cut into a 1 inch dice
- 1 1/2 cups Brussels sprouts, halved
- 3 medium carrots, cut into sticks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- Heat the oven to 425F. Take out a large sheet pan.
- Mix together the salt, smoked paprika, cayenne, black pepper of the spice rub and then mix in the olive oil. Rub the spices over the chicken.
- Dice the potatoes and toss them with 1 tablespoon of olive oil along with a sprinkle of kosher salt and pepper.
- Arrange the chicken and potatoes on the sheet pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking, toss the Brussels sprouts and carrots with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and and sprinkle of kosher salt and pepper.
- When the 15 minutes is up, take out the sheet pan. Stir the potatoes and then spread out the Brussels sprouts and carrots on the pan.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes more. Or until the chicken is fully cooked, the skin is crispy, and the vegetables are tender.